An Introduction to Final Cut Pro X
1 Day Course
Date: Saturday 17 May 2014
Times: 10.30am to 4.30pm
Instructor: Pierre Vella
This one day hands-on course will show you how to make the most of Final Cut Pro X with its creative tools and robust delivery solutions. Final Cut Pro X breaks free from the restrictions of old-fashioned timeline tracks and incorporates a dynamic editing interface which lets you experiment freely while working with extraordinary speed and precision. Final Cut Pro X includes the key sound editing and colour grading features from Final Cut Studio, so now you can use a single application for the entire post-production workflow.
This course covers the entire editing process from selecting and organising your clips to building a finished story. You will learn how to perform the standard editing functions while becoming familiar with the Final Cut Pro X User interface and new features including Automatic import features, Media management, Improved timeline and Streamlined audio editing.
- Final Cut Pro User interface, Workflow & Media Management
- Understanding Events and Projects
- Organising your files and your system
- Working with Keywords and Ratings and Smart Collections
- Import, Editing, and Trimming
- Marking clips, using insert, overwrite and drag-and-drop editing
- Trimming techniques
- Ripple, Roll and Extended edits as well as the Slip and Slide tools
- Transitions, Effects, and Export
- Using and modifying transitions
- Applying filters and Changing Motion properties
- Image Stabilisation and Analysis
- Using Colour Balancing to make your images look great
- Applying audio filters
- Streamlined audio editing
- Finishing and final output
Project-led practical exercises
No previous experience is necessary. Students should be fluent in English.
Pierre Vella is an independent digital creative working in film, video and digital technologies. He is a founding member of MITA (Moving Image Training Alliance) and runs a series of training programmes in film and video post-production, web technologies and motion graphics in London and Cambridge.
Each student will be provided with their own workstation and can discuss any specific areas of interest they may have toward the end of each day with the tutor.
020 8525 4330