SPACE Media Lab
The Media Lab
Final Cut Pro X Advanced
1 Day Course
Date: Saturday 20th October 2012
Times: 10.30am to 4.30pm
Instructor: Pierre Vella
This class is ideal for those that have already completed our own introduction course (or similar) or those who already have a working knowledge of Final Cut Pro X and who want to increase their editing skills by learning advanced features and efficient workflows.
This one-day, hands-on course will teach you advanced editing and finishing techniques, covering custom effects and transition creation, multi-cam clip editing, keying techniques, primary and secondary colour correction, audio mixing and editing, advanced workflows for managing media, and final output using Compressor.
• Working with Compound Clips and auditions
• Organising projects with advanced Metadata techniques
• Colour correction with shape and colour masks
• Fine-tuning clips in the timeline with the Precision Editor
• Creating custom effects and transitions
• Working with Sound and Audio / animating audio effects
• Working with Multi-cam footage
• Using keying and Masking effects, Travel Mattes, Advanced Keying features and Compositing Generators
• Understanding Shot Matching
• Finishing and final output with Compressor
• Advanced Compressor Features
Each student has their own workstation for the practical parts of the course and can discuss any specific areas of interest they may have towards the end of the day with the tutor.
020 8525 4330